Authors are gifts
Making biblical teaching ACCESSIBLE For All of Us
Make a Donation
Make a Submission
More downloads in the first year
More online mentions over 3 years
Is Open Access = Low Quality? No!
Open access can be of exceptional quality (in healthcare, PLOS and BMC are prime examples). Some journals have made the publication a “pay-to-publish” endeavor, giving a bad name to many. This article reviews many considerations about open access.
So, how does Klisia ensure quality in all it publishes?
1) Book submission, editorial consideration, and peer review are ALWAYS made before funding is open for a book. We avoid all financial pressure.
2) Our peer reviewers are experienced researchers, theologians, and biblical scholars. They evaluate each book in light of its intended use; that is, a book meant for higher education will be evaluated differently than a small-group resource.
3) Authors are not the ones paying for having their books published. Not only do our editors and peer reviewers evaluate the books, but the church also does so and pays for the processing costs. We shift the interest of publication from the author to the church because our goal as publishers is to strengthen the church.
4) We pray and trust in God to make all decisions according to His will. The painting on the right is Saint Paul by El Greco, holding his letter to Titus. Throughout history, the church with the Holy Spirit collected, judged, and preserved that which is profitable for the Kingdom. The Holy Spirit is at work in all this today.
Our Mission & Approach
Today, some of the most read (and translated) Christian titles are often written by false teachers who even deny basic tenets of the historic Christian faith, such as the Trinity. One of the reasons behind this tragic reality is that they often have excellent marketing material, distribution, and sales volume.
Instead of fighting this reality on their terms, Klisia believes that excellent teachers are a gift from Christ and that their teaching should be accessible to all. We do not believe that only wealthy authors who can self-publish deserve a voice. So, we created a “business model” to ensure all our digital publications are free. More than that! The CC BY license means these works are free to be used and changed with attribution. This is extremely helpful for contextualization, combining material from different sources, and keeping a shorter reading list for students. It also makes it easier to translate these works, reaching a wider part of the church.
Our authors need to affirm the seven core doctrines below, and their work is peer-reviewed by top academics in the respective field. Their work is funded by the church, for the global church. Authors retain the copyright of their work.
What we and all our authors believe
1. The Trinity: The one true God eternally exists as three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; one in nature, equal in glory, but distinct in relationships.
2. The full deity and full humanity of Christ.
3. The spiritual lostness of the human race.
4. The substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ.
5. Salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
6. The physical return of Christ
7. The authority and inerrancy of Scripture.
1. Submit Book Proposal
A simple, straightforward online process. Our Author’s Guidelines make the review and editing process much easier, cheaper, and faster.
2. Editorial decision
At this point, our focus is to ensure that the book is well-written, follows our guidelines, addresses a need of the church, and seems to be doctrinally aligned.
3. Peer Review
Our peer reviewers are academic experts in their areas with a heart for the global church. They may discuss some ideas with the author before recommending publication or not.
4. Final Editorial decision
Usually, we follow the recommendation of the peer reviewers and discuss any concerns with them.
5. Funding Queue
See our Funding Process page for more information.
6. Editing process
Editing will ensure a final publication of high quality, giving joy to us all, after so much hard work.
All our books receive ISBN and, when applicable, a digital object identifier (doi) for ease of access. Those targeted to higher-education are submitted to Academic Databases.
A variety of formats allow greater access and compatibility across platforms. PDF, ePub/Kindle, and HTML are always free online here and in other databases. We partner with Amazon and IngramSpark to make print and digital materials available worldwide, with a fee to cover costs and provide additional funding for other books.
Murilo R. Melo
Th.M, M.D., Ph.D
Murilo is a theologian passionate about training pastors where the church needs it the most. He is ABD Ph.D. in theological ethics at Dallas Theological Seminary, where he is a graduate teaching assistant. He teaches at T-Link (Brazil), SETECA (Guatemala), ESWA (Liberia), and CDL (Mozambique).
Rebekkah Scott is the Online Course Coordinator for the Online Education Department at Dallas Theological Seminary. She is also a PhD student at Dallas Theological Seminary, and is currently researching the theological significance of friendship as well as its practical applications.
Nathan Jordan is a pastor, a New Testament Studies PhD candidate at Dallas Theological Seminary, and a professor at Acts Bible College in Royse City, TX. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Society of Biblical Literature. His work is currently focused on New Testament biblical theology, textual criticism, and the discipleship processes of the church.
Check Our Submission Guidelines
We want you to succeed in blessing the church through your book. If you have a question after checking the guidelines, please get in touch.
Mailing address: To Dr. Murilo R. Melo, 6009 W Parker Rd St 149 #1079. Plano, TX, 75093
In a nutshell: Authors never pay to get published. Klisia does not sell advertising space. All books are open-access, free for all.
All we do is through generous donations to Klisia and to individual book projects. Klisia is a 501(c)3 focused on strengthening the church through high-quality theological books that are accessible.
Klisia is a member of Crossref. Research should be easy to find, access, cite, link, and reuse.
Our Open-Access books in the format you love
PDF, ePub, Mobi – all with accessibility in mind
Physical Books Widely Available
Physical books are distributed through Amazon and IngramSpark, so they are available where you need them.